Sunday, January 21, 2007

59 days to the vernal equinox

Today I took the girls (Savannah, Alex and Cassidy) to the mall. I gave them each ten bucks and let them walk around while I sat in the bookstore drinking coffee and reading A Farewell to Arms. Right now I’m drinking a little Maker’s Mark and watching Bears/Saints for the NFC championship. There’s a fire in the fireplace and I’m on the couch.

Last night I took the girls to the gymnastics place on Coit and they were there from 7 to 10. While they were gone I used my time wisely. I beat Halo II for the second time. I should have been writing. That’s another three hours I’ll never get back.

Yesterday morning I had to make two stops. One to replace a UPS at a pharmacy, the other to fix something I had broke the day before. Don’t take IE7 out if you don’t want to drive back north of Belding road on a Saturday when you’d rather be doing something else.

The unseasonable warmth earlier this month has left my seasonal depression twice as bad now that the temperature’s dropped and the snow is all over the place. I’m already counting down the 59 days to the vernal equinox (March 21, seven minutes after midnight) and I can’t wait to go out on the patio barefooted.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com