Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun On Hold Music . . .

Today I had no calls. I had one call, a customer couldn’t find a file she had saved, but it was right on her desktop. I was there for an entire one minute, so I didn’t charge her. I know she’ll be calling me back, so that’s okay.

I had to make some calls to some customers who were late on payments. I hate making those calls. Once customer put me on hold, and what did I hear . . . ? “WHEN THE WORKING DAY IS DONE OH GIRLS, THEY WANT TO HAVE FU – UN, OH GIRLS THEY WANNA HAVE . . . THEY JUST WANNA, THE JUST WANNA . . . THEY JUST WANNA . . . GIRLS . . . “ You get the picture. So I had Cyndi Lauper’s 1983 smash hit stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Don’t get me wrong, that’s a whopper of a vocal performance, but I don’t want that bouncing around in my head all friggin’ day. Pay your bills people!

Did I mention podcast #97 is available?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com