Sunday, February 04, 2007

superbowl sunday

Yesterday we had a snowstorm. We got a lot of snow; the whole region was pretty much shut down. It was a day to stay in. So I did.

Sunday, I woke up and there was even more snow. Shoveled the walk and made a fire and hunkered down. Around four I went to the Hideout and got a jug of delicious IPA and got ready for the game.

And what a game. I’m typing this during halftime, but the first half was one of the best halves I’ve ever seen.

Hester runs the OPENING KICKOFF back for a touchdown, and it was touchdowns, fumbles (back to back), missed extra points, and everything you could ask for in a first half.

Commercials? The best, IMHO, is the Grand Theft Auto knockoff commercial where the guy does nice stuff instead of violence. The Spicy/Cheesy Doritos commercial was good, and the “Connectile Dysfunction” commercial for Sprint was pretty good also. There was a GPS gadget commercial where it sounded like Iron Maiden was playing the music. There was a Voltran-type robot fighting a map-monster. Pretty cheesy-cool.

AND THE HALFTIME SHOW DIDN’T SUCK! Prince can still wail on the guitar. I can’t remember the last time the Superbowl halftime show didn’t’ suck.

So during halftime I checked the public school’s website, and tomorrow’s a snow day.

No Superbowl party this year because our wives are either working or pregnant, and the roads are worth shit because of the snow, so we’re hunkered down in our houses.

Grossman gets sacked two times in a row in the third.

Geeky weirdness: So I’m blogging this game with the laptop and text-messaging my buddy, and we both have DVRs, so we don’t know where the other guy is at in the game (because of pause or fast-forward with DVR), and you don’t want to spoil it, so you can’t actually talk about the game real-time because you might spill something that hasn’t happened on the other end . . . Jesus Christ I’m a geek.

Robert Goulet messes with your stuff! ha! Emerald Nuts!

The girl doesn’t recognize that old basketball player . . . what the hell is his name . . . oh yeah, that bald angry basketball player . . . used to play for the phoenix suns? Charles Barkley . . .

Commercials:

Kevin Federline’s only decent song was in this Nationwide commercial . . .

Axe murderer, chain-saw guy . . . Bud Light. . . ha ha.

Big Chicago crowd at the Superbowl. . . .

Grossman starts to suck . . .

Flomax! it makes you faint. I have no idea what it is supposed to do.

colts win!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com