Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Book Review: Four Great Russian Short Novels

#49 Four Great Russian Short Novels Dell Publishing 1959 * * * Actually, I only read three of them. First Love, by Ivan Turgenev, 1860; The Gambler, by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, 1866 and Master And Man, by Leo Tolstoy, 1895. After three Russian novels, I was sick of Russian Novels. Of the three, The Gambler was the best. It was funny. Weird how people lived off each other, giving each other "allowances" and "stipends" and paying for each other's hotel bills. ~ June 10, 2008

see all my book reviews

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com