Monday, September 29, 2008

generic blog post, with apocolyptic twist

Had a single call today, an old woman with an old PC that needed a reformat. The PC was so old I couldn't locate the ancient drivers for the ancient modem (she uses {GASP} dial up), so I chucked the entire thing and gave her a less old gateway for the same price as a reformat. (with XP vs. the evil windows ME).

I called her and told her she was getting a hell of a deal, which she was, but I did a good thing today, because resurrecting that rickety old PC with Windows ME on it would have been a crime against humanity.

Otherwise, I played WoW, worked on my latest Sci-Fi masterpiece, and stayed out of the bar. Oh yeah, and I listened to the World of Finance crumble as the Congre$$ failed to pass the bail-out plan. How much Raman Noodles can I pack into our storage room? And what's the best firearm for home defense? This sh!t is getting scary.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com