Tuesday, January 24, 2006

working on postcards and generally f*cking off

Remind me to never take a job soldering the power plug on a laptop. ever. I spent all day yesteday failing to solder a socket back on a laptop. I eventually just gave up and gave the damn thing back with a refund. Uh. I fixed some email, but that's about it. It's snowing out. I'm at the firehouse working on postcards and generally f*cking off. This morning I took that laptop back. (4 round trips to Allendale for zip! Christ in a sidecar). After that I straightened-out a network in a real-estate office. That's a technical term, "straightened-out." Again, Norton Internet Security is the bane of all office networking. It makes the machines to paranoid to talk to one another. Technology. Can't live with it, can't live without it. Peace in the Middle East!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com