Thursday, May 15, 2008

book review: Conan of Cimmeria

#44 Conan of Cimmeria Robert E. Howard; L. Sprague De Camp; Lin Carter 1969 * * * * Book Review, Conan of Cimmeria: Why should I review this book when it speaks for itself? Here's a single sentence on page 91 that sums it all up: "The fighting madness of his race was upon him, and with a red mist of unreasoning fury wavering before his blazing eyes, he cleft skulls, smashed breasts, severed limbs, ripped out entrails, and littered the deck like a shambles with ghastly a ghastly harvest of brains and blood." What more could you possibly ask for? The Conan series I'm reading now is a collection of short stories published between the late '30s and as late as 1968, some of them posthumously by L. Sprague de Camp. ~ May 15, 2008


see all my book reviews

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com