Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Jim Croce makes a call

(ring ring ring) Directory Assistance.  How may I help you?  Look Mr. Croce, I'm sure everyone at Southwestern Bell is very sorry for your romantic difficulties, but other people would also like to use directory assistance, and the information you are providing is unnecessary.  We can place the call without it.  Can you just read the numbers that are legible on the matchbook?  That would be more helpful. Yes. Yes Mr. Croce, that IS the way they say it goes, but if you could just read--.  Well wipe your eyes and I'll read the number again. So you no longer wish to make the call?  Hello? Mr. Croce?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com