Monday, June 12, 2006

It’s just a video game

Last night I deactivated my World of Warcraft account. I was spending every free moment I had on that game. It was consuming every last minute of my idle thoughts. I was addicted. After spending, I don’t know, at least three and a half hours in one game dungeon last night, killing fake monsters and collecting fake treasure, and after going to sleep at 3+ in the morning, I knew I’d had enough.

I was at the point that I didn’t want to do anything except play that stupid game. It’s just a video game, but it’s so addictive. It lets you forget your troubles and start worrying about the troubles of a pretend person. Gather this and kill that and go there and talk to this or that person. Bid for that and trade this and make that and move over there. Travel here and kill this and collect this many of these and watch your “progress.” It’s like “Busy Town for “adults.”

F#ck!

I wasted so many hours on that game. It’s pathetic.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com