Sunday, May 21, 2006

six flags / choristers trip


Saturday we got up at five and drove 228 miles to Gurnee, IL for Savannah's choir competition. They took first place. Traffic wasn't bad. We went to Six Flags Great America after that. The weather was perfect, it wasn't too crowded. I stood in line for the "Superman" ride an hour and a half. (it broke down for five minutes while I was in line, but they fixed it.) It wasn't that good.

The best ride the Giant Drop, which is a free-fall ride. Scared the crap out of me.

The drive home was an butt-kicker, but i'm a driving pansy when it comes to long distances. Lucky I had my iPod loaded with lots of political talk shows and podcasts. Kept me wide awake, and shortened the drive. We got home about one in the morning. It was raining. I hate driving at night.

IN OTHER HUGE NEWS . . . When I got home, despite the late hour, I checked my email. I sold ANOTHER STORY to another SF magazine, this time for the March '07 issue of AOIFE'S KISS magazine.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com