Thursday, March 01, 2007

it's march.

It’s March, and this morning, around four(?) there was thunder and lightning and blowing frozen rain. In like a lion . . . check! I had to order HP install disks for a customer because they (HP) are too lazy to provide restore disks with their fancy-shmancy media center PCs.

We lost power for awhile. I got Alex from school for a Dental appointment. I went to McDonalds and ordered all the wrong stuff.

We lost power and when it came back on the Internets weren’t up. So I called Comcast (mistake) to see if there was an outage in our area. I ended up arguing with the jackass on the other end (not from India; an American jackass) who was trying to tell me that because I had a 169. . . IP address, it proved there wasn’t anything wrong with my connection. "Are you trying to tell me the network cards in both my machines went bad at the same time?" I asked. "Possibly" said the Jackass. I ended up arguing with him, but by the time I was off the phone, the service was back up. God Dammit I wanted to strangle the guy through the phone.

I dropped off a machine using Earthlink DSL. It’s the first such hookup I’ve encountered so far (Earthlink DSL that is) and I had to muddle through the setup. Turns out I had to call Earthlink and have them give me their DNS server IP addresses. Otherwise, it went smooth as usual. My second drop-off went smoother yet. They had comacast.

www.danmanning.com

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com