Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Another year, and another year of bla bla bla

Last night we rang in the New Year here at the house. Dick Clark is old and scary now; he slurs his words and reminds us all that death is the ultimate end. Do we need to be reminded of that on New Year's Eve of all nights? He should do a "Dick Clark's Rockin' Halloween" special, where his ghoulishness would fit in better with the spirit of the season. Why don't they just have the CryptKeeper puppet host the New Year's ball drop? He's got more life in him than Dick Clark.

Today is one of those lazy days with nothing to do. I'm playing World of Warcraft. I printed out my 2007 journal. I'm rereading the short stories of Ernest Hemingway. It snowed last night, but the shoveling was easy. I ate two corn dogs.

1 comment:

B said...

it appears so? What happened?

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com