Thursday, February 14, 2008

Baseball and Performance Enhancing Drugs

Congress is wasting our tax dollars grilling Roger Clemens and his former trainer Brian McNamee on which one of them are lying about Performance Enhancing Drugs. I don't care and neither should you and I. If rich guys who get paid to hit a ball and run around in a circle want to take PED.s (is that an acronym?) let them.

Clemens: "Let me be clear, I have never taken steroids or HGH."

McNamee: "Make no mistake, when I told Sen. Mitchell I had injected Roger Clemens with performance-enhancing drugs, I told the truth."


In fact, all professional athletes should be REQUIRED to take PEDs. Then we could get on with our lives and sleep peacefully, knowing that a bunch of rich dudes are playing their sports on an even playing field.

Could we please, please waste our tax dollars on more important things, like useless wars and pork-barrel spending?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com