Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Blog Post I Posted Thursday

I've been playing way too much World of Warcraft. I haven't been writing. At all. Last night Don and I went to see the Griffins play the Toronto Marlies. They won 5-3. After that we stopped in to Hopcat to have a beer. There were people there in very flamboyant pirate hats. That was cool.

At work, a law office was flooded when a pipe burst. A tax preparation office was riddled with spyware. An outlook PST file was corrupt. I did some minor web development. Spyware is making a big comeback. I had to go to my old employer because a contractor there can't get the IT guys to help him with anything. I went into the murky depths of the cubicle farm and was so glad I was no longer a cubicle dweller.

I am going to enter a chess tournament April 5th. I played against the Xbox and realized I suck at chess. Reading chess books is not the same as playing chess.

It's running season again. As spring approaches, I get out my running shoes and let them sit in plain sight for about a week, then I will consider running.

When I went to VA for Jim's retirement, he had this great booze at his house: PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur. God-damn, that's some tasty booze. It will give you a headache.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time for some wwww.workoutdump.com then. I want to see your runs on there!!

Bri

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com