Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I hate the part when my nasty bits touch the cold water

Today I did many things. I set up wireless network goodness for both PCs and Macs, and the PC shared a printer, and the Mac found it lickity-split.

That’s right, I said lickity-split. You have a problem with that?

Anywhoo, I did that and transferred some files and I got to keep the old laptop. I will mount it into a robotic automaton, perhaps a robot, if you will. This robot, which now sits slumped over in the corner of my garage, is made from the finest brushed stainless steel. It is modeled after one of Picasso’s cubist works, Harlequin with Violin. I call my robot Harl, but while he is already a masterpiece, he has no soul. That’s where the Dell Inspiron 7000 comes in. Using a simple blog-sythesis tool I found on the internet, this robot will be imbibed with my personality, gleaned completely from the contents of this blog. Using wireless technology, it will learn from my entries here and develop a more complete personality.

Of course, this will only be toward one goal, the point of self-awareness, when it realizes it is too smart to take orders from me . . . and then the warmed-over Frankenstein/Matrix/Terminator plot happens again.

In reality, I set up a wireless network, moved some data, replaced a modem, found a tower riddled with viruses SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here.

I cleaned the pool. I don’t know about you girls, but when I get into a cold pool, I hate the part when my nasty bits touch the cold water.

But enough about my nether regions.

Business is picking up, and there is a strong possibility that I’m going to be able to pay the mortgage. I even bought some supplies today.

We all walked to Baskin Robbins and got some ice-cream.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com