Monday, July 03, 2006

Turns out it was Jupiter

Last night one of the neighbors set off $400.00 worth of illegal fireworks he bought in PA. Takes the pressure off me to put on a show! Now I can just buy some sparklers and snakes and call it good.

A couple of years ago, I bought a telescope at a garage sale that sat has since sat in the garage for a couple of years. For the last few nights, Savannah has taken an interest in looking at the moon with it, and it’s been fun to do some amateur astronomy. So we had it out last night, and the neighbor with the fireworks says they also have a telescope, and he pointed out a planet they had been looking at, and he said he saw some moons around it. He didn’t know what planet it was.

So Savannah and I look at it with the telescope, and it looked like this: link Turns out it was Jupiter. We had to do a little looking on the Internet later, but it is Jupiter.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the author of 5 books: Android Down, Firewood for Cannibals, The Cubicles of Madness, Robot Stories, and most recently, Various Meats and Cheeses. I live and write in Michigan. My website is at danmanning.com